Brisbane Oratory News
The Queensland State Government has mandated new Covid restrictions which require the following:
- In order to use 100% of our seating capacity bookings are now open again and are required at all Sunday, Monday night, and Saturday Masses at Mary Immaculate Church.
- Bookings are not required at St John Fisher Church.
- At Masses where more than 1 person per 4 square meters are in attendance, seating will be assigned as you enter the church.
- To ensure this process is as quick and efficient as possible please book before 5:00pm on Saturday for Sunday Morning Masses and 3 hours before all other Masses.
- If you have not booked in time you may be asked to wait for those who have made bookings to enter the church.
- We encourage you to arrive in good time to allow seating to be allocated.
- Those who already booked in for upcoming Masses do not need to book again.
- Our regular public schedule will resume on Sunday 4 July.
- Masks are currently required at all times while indoors – this is a correction to our previous statement.
The Queensland State Government has mandated new Covid restrictions and a lockdown. In order for us to continue our primary duty to the faithful of administering the sacraments, preaching, and prayer, we are currently required to observe the following:
- Churches and chapels must close during the lockdown.
- During this period Extraordinary Form Mass will be live streamed at the regular Mass times and can be viewed here.
- Our regular public schedule will resume after the lockdown is lifted.
- At the end of the lockdown we hope to resume our normal schedule. At this stage we will most likely need you to continue to book in for Sunday Masses. We will provide another update when Mass bookings are open.
Please join us in prayer to pray for an end to the restrictions.
Due to increased capacity limits we are no longer required to take bookings for Mass; however, Queensland State Government mandates require churches to register attendees using the Check in Qld App giving us until Friday 9 July to transition to using the App. The process to make the Check in QLD App available to use has begun. If you do not have the App, Porters will be available to assist you to check in by alternative means. We continue to appreciate the kindness and respect shown to the porters, who volunteer their time to help, helping us to have as many Mass times as we do. While it can be inconvenient, we appreciate your cooperation in following government requirements, allowing us to continue our ministry to you.
Following on from the success of our Oratory Parish Social on ANZAC Day, we are returning to Wellers Hill Bowls Club, 34 Esher St Tarragindi, for an afternoon of fellowship, family and fun. Each Sunday, the Bowls Club arranges for a Food Truck to be present, so all your lunching needs are taken care of. There is plenty of space for children to run around and play too. Feel free to invite family and friends along too. Show up for the afternoon or come for an hour between 12:00pm – 4:30pm finishing in time for Vespers.
On the Feast of the Most Precious Blood we honour Christ in the Blood which was shed for us on Calvary, the Blood offered in the Sacrifice of the Mass, and the Blood that washes and makes pure our soul inaugurating in us the beginning of eternal life. We invite you to join us in honouring the Precious Blood of Jesus as we call on his aid through the Blood that he shed for our salvation.