THE FOLLOWING ARE THE CURRENT PRACTICES AT THE BRISBANE ORATORY IN FORMATION AND ANNERLEY EKIBIN PARISH
REGISTER TO ATTEND MASS
The Mass booking system is now online. Mass times are released once a fortnight. We have recently removed the fortnightly limit on Sunday Mass bookings as trial. Mass bookings are still required.Register Here
Face masks must be worn by everyone in attendance. The Archdiocese has stated that “Parishioners who refuse to wear a mask are not allowed to enter unless they are a child under 12 years old or a person affected by a medical condition or disability.”
VESPERS AND BENEDICTION
Sundays are made holy by divine worship which gives honour to God and food for the soul. For centuries Catholics offered this worship by attending Mass in the morning and Vespers in the evening. Vespers is the official evening prayer of the Church where psalms are chanted with hymns as a thanksgiving prayer to God. While this practice has fallen by the wayside in recent times, the Church has long desired and recommended the faithful to attend these evening devotions. Vespers concludes with Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, so we may be strengthened with help from heaven against all adversities. Join the Fathers and Brothers for Vespers at 5:00pm on Sundays.Register Here
SACRAMENT OF CONFESSION
Confession and Private Prayer in Mary Immaculate Church:
- Wednesday 7:30pm – 8:30pm (no booking required)
- Friday 7:30pm – 8:30pm (no booking required)
Confession is also offered at the following Mass times (you must be booked in for Mass to attend these times):
- Monday during the 7:00pm Mass
- After 9:00am weekday Masses
- Saturday during the 8:30am Mass.
Please maintain social distancing while you wait. In accordance with regulations names, address, and phone numbers of all people attending the church are recorded by a porter and stored by the parish for the purpose of contact tracing. They will be destroyed after 56 days.
PERPETUAL EXPOSITION AND ADORATION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
Perpetual Exposition and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, continues at Saint Elizabeth’s chapel, Effingham Street, Tarragindi. To register your attendance at a certain hour or find out what hours are available, please email us on email@example.com. St Peter Julian Eymard tells us, “I am fully convinced that if it were humanly possible to fully understand the value of a Holy Hour everyone would make time to do it.”
As events unfold we may need to make changes or adjustments, we encourage you to stay updated by the following means:
- The above list on ways to be involved here on our website will be kept up to date, you can always check here for the latest.
- For major updates we will continue to send out our Oratory emails. You can subscribe here.
- For any weekly updates read the Parish Bulletin online, uploaded every Saturday, or you can have it emailed to you by sending an email request to the parish office.
- Follow us on the Brisbane Oratory Facebook.
Please join us in praying for an end to the restrictions