The State Government has updated the Covid regulations from today to Friday 22 January, and we have received regulations for churches from the Archdiocese.
In order for us to continue our primary duty to the faithful of administering the sacraments, preaching, and prayer, we are required to observe the following regulations over the next ten days:
- The capacity at Mary Immaculate and St John Fisher is reduced to one person per 4 square meters.
- Bookings continue to be required for all Sunday Masses and Monday evening Mass at Mary Immaculate.
- During this period bookings are also required for 8:30am Saturday 16 January Mass, and all Saturday and Sunday Masses at St John Fisher for 16 & 17 of January.
- Face masks must be worn by everyone in attendance.
- The Archdiocese has stated that “Parishioners who refuse to wear a mask are not allowed to enter unless they are a child under 12 years old or a person affected by a medical condition or disability.”
- Those who have cold or flu symptoms must stay at home.
- We remind you that in the Archdiocese of Brisbane we are still dispensed from the Sunday obligation to attend Mass.
We appreciate your help in following these regulations so we can continue to minister to the faithful.