Annerley Ekibin Parish is a parish under the care of the Brisbane Oratory in Formation in the Archdiocese of Brisbane. Within the Parish we have two churches, Mary Immaculate Church in Annerley and St John Fisher Church Tarragindi. We also have the care of St Elizabeth’s Chapel Ekibin.
Mary Immaculate Church was built in 1932 to meet the needs of the growing Catholic community in Annerley. Archbishop Duhig opened the church on the 2 May 1932 with a Solemn Pontifical Mass. Archbishop Duhig stated that the beauty of the church would, “…elevate men’s minds to God the Author of all beauty and goodness.”
Our Parish offers both forms of the Mass and Sacraments in their completeness. That is the Ordinary Form offered in English, and the more ancient Extraordinary Form offered in Latin.